SHRI Hospital is equipped with state of the art facilities for treatment in the field of Neurology. Our department of Neurology is committed in unifying exceptional medical expertise, technology and innovation to offer best treatments.
FOR THE First time in ANDHRA PRADESH, with ADVANCED CRITICAL CARE UNIT
The Department of Neurology offers exceptional patient care for patients with conditions affecting the brain and nervous system.
Our exceptional Department of Neurology is staffed by a leading Neurologist, assistant doctors and nursing staff who offer perfect diagnosis utilizing the most advanced Neuroimaging techniques and diagnostic tools.
Neurologists of SHRI Hospital are always ready to handle all types of acute Neurological emergencies. Like acute Stroke management by dedicated acute Stroke team. We have a dedicated Neuro-stroke ICU, ready to handle acute Neurological emergencies. We have a well-equipped and maintained Neurophysiology lab with well-qualified and competent Neuro-technologists. Our neurologists will check for complex neurology diseases and conditions of the patient and provide treatment based on the observation.
Neurological rehabilitation – Neurological rehabilitation unit provides essential care for patients while they recover from neurological illness, cerebrovascular events (stroke, embolism, aneurysm), trauma, invasive procedures and surgery. Our facilities include systems for weight suspension, brain exercises, gait evaluation, physiotherapy, cognitive and communication training.
The Department of Neurology conducts basic and clinical research on the nervous system and provides clinical care for people with neurological disorders, such as Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia, epilepsy, movement disorders like Parkinson’s and Huntington’s diseases, tremor, dystonia, multiple sclerosis, neuromuscular conditions, headache and sleep disorders.
Treatments and Procedures:
- Diagnosis and management of various seizure disorders
- Neurophysiology unit: Nerve conduction study,
- Electromyography, Repetitive nerve stimulation study, evoked potentials (VEP,SSEP,BAER), EEG, portable EEG and sleep lab
- Management of neuromuscular disorders, peripheral neuropathies, chronic pain, neuro – infections and sleep disorders
- Management and treatment of stroke
- Comprehensive neuro rehabilitation including physiotherapy and occupational therapy
- Management of dementia including alzheimer’s disease
- Thrombolysis with tissue plasminogen activator (TPA)
Dr. Sarat Chandra Kumar Nallabothu