At SHRI the department of Urology provides screening, staging and the most up-to-date treatment of all uro-genital tumors such as
- Diagnosis and treatments of cancers of the prostate, bladder, testes, kidney and penis.
- Medical and surgical treatments for benign prostatic enlargement.
- Medical and surgical treatments of functional bladder conditions, including incontinence in women.
- Treatment for urinary tract stone disease.
- Renal obstruction, including obstructive renal failure.
- Andrology, including male infertility and erectile dysfunction.
The Department of Urology has a complete range of facilities to provide comprehensive services in the management of urological conditions. Specialised procedures carried out in the department include:
- Radical prostatectomy for early prostate cancer.
- Cystectomy and orthotopic bladder reconstruction for bladder cancer.
- Surgery for renal tumours involving the inferior vena cava using cardio-pulmonary bypass.
- Retroperitoneal surgery for advanced testicular cancer.
- Bladder reconstruction for neuropathic and non-neuropathic bladder overactivity.
- Artificial urinary sphincter implantation.
- Laparoscopic nephrectomy.
- Shock-wave lithotripsy for urinary tract stone disease.
VISION : To achieve excellence in Patients care and academic training in Urology.
- To provide state-of-the-art urological care to all patients with compassion.
- To impart highest standard of training to urology residents. to make them confidant urologists
- To achieve academic excellence in all fields of urology.
- To Excel in the field of research in urology
The Department of Genito Urinary Surgery (Urology), at SHRI Hospital, GUNTUR is dedicated to providing holistic care with compassion to patients of Genito urinary surgery problems by minimally invasive techniques and modern state-of-the-art equipments.